Sunday, March 13, 2011

Have You Thankful Today?

I watched Kick Andy this afternoon. This episode discusses about the successful young entrepreneurs in Indonesia. There're some businessmen who were invited to be guest star, almost all of them had achieve MURI record for their achievements in entrepreneurship.  

The interesting is one of the keynote speakers were named Elang Gumilang. He is a businessman in the property project and has a lot of projects in housing sector. But what impressed me isn't how successful his business, but how he's give charity from his business, selling a simple home to 'the lower-middle class' with a very low monthly installments. My favorite words are, "I'm not looking for big profits, but saw they have a house for shelter has given a very large inner happiness for me. I'm very grateful, at least through their pray I wouldn't be as successful as today. "  

Suddenly I realized, how much and many blessings from God that I've got until this day. Not just a treasure, but also longevity, health, my success in career and education, until my great experiences traveling to various places in the world. How we should be thankful for the grace that can make us live in this world, even to the oxygen that we breathe every second which was enough to make us realize for a chance to live in this world is a greatest gift that God gave us.  

God never asked for a massive celebration event for us to show how much our gratitude, but with the pray and share it with people who're less fortunate is quite enough to be done. Even just to say 'Alhamdulillah' that sometimes people forget to say was able to show how we appreciate all the grace of God for us in this world.  

Finally, for many times I'm really, very grateful to have been given the opportunity to live and the opportunity to appreciate what God has given in my life.  

So, have you said 'thanks God' today?

2 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have donk -the fox's- a.k.a aco brother

Jeanne Ligte said...

bang arya rese dehhh...

Post a Comment