Friday, April 22, 2011

Kartini's Day Gift

I just told my Indian boy, Govind, that today we celebrate Kartini's Day, an Indonesian historical woman's figure. How she became inspiration for all Indonesian women and how she struggled for woman's emansipation. Then he made a poem for me:

you are the one whom i feel here
you are the one whom i see everywhere
you are the one who makes me sing
you are the one who gives me wing
you are the one who comes in my dream
you are the one like my ice-cream
that's what i want to say
that you are the one whom i pray


Well it maybe just a general poem, but it feel very special for me. Knowing that there's someone who can offer such words to me, which the unique thing is he's an Indian who never know before about Kartini. For a moment I feel honored and proud as a woman who respected and admired by a man, no matter how much he knows the meaning of Kartini' Day, or how deep his feelings to me. He tried, and he did it.

0 comment:

Post a Comment