Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bhinneka Tunggal Ika

We’ll never realize how great our country and nation until we’re in another country, or see how other people from different country or nation admire and appreciate it. And that’s what I feel after talked with my friend, Carolina Duca.

Caro is an Argentinean, 22 years old, a girl with big passion of about culture and nature. She always so interested to know everything about world and history. At her college she took some subjects, such as universal geography, universal history and history of the cultures. We talked last Sunday, on our lazy day because at that time we didn’t do anything.

Then suddenly she smiled and said, “Bhinneka Tunggal Ika”. Gosh, it made me so surprised, how come she knew that phrase, Indonesian phrase? But her answer more surprised to me, “Because I like that phrase, I really do. I think it’s an example for the rest of the world, because there so much different people in your country. Religious, languages, as you used to be a colony, but in the end you always together as a nation. You say Bhinneka Tunggal Ika, that’s excellent”.

Yeah, Indonesia is a beautiful country. We may don’t have great MRT, wonderful winter, or advance animation effect on movie. But we still have lots of great culture, uniqueness dialect and vernacular, delicious local food, and wonderful tourism place. And there’s no other country has all of it, completely. Is it still not enough to show how great us?

Yeah, Indonesian is still a great nation. No matter how bad news in the media, no matter how the philosophy gives us many problems about that. That’s the point. That’s it. New generations are in charge of fix and spreading it. Without that phrase, we’ll never attempt to be as one, as a nation, as Indonesian.

And at this time, for the umpteenth time, no matter people think I’m mulatto, no matter my name isn’t sounds like Indonesian, I don’t give a damn. I’m Indonesian, and I love it is in my blood. I’m proud of it.

Bhinneka Tunggal Ika. Different, but same, as one nation.
Indonesia is great, the problem is the citizen.

1 comment:

naityouness said...

good post,i like the way u speak ur mind !hope one day i will create a blog and speak as easy as you I feel u’re someone strong, and u can make more sens to ur life,keep on the good work,u ROCK:)

Post a Comment