Sunday, April 3, 2011

Music Review: Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby

Watch out people, Avril is in action. Pop rules! After about four years after her last album, The Best Damn Thing, Avril has released her fourth album, Goodbye Lullaby




Things has changed from the latest album of Avril, in addition to the album's songs contain mostly stripped down instruments, such as the piano and acoustic guitar, and now she looks more feminine, rather tend to androgyny, as compared with her performance on Under My Skin that tends to more dark. "I've grown up, so I have to change and try to more feminine," Avril said in a quote in a magazine that I read in the mall last month. 


The album was released on March 2, 2011 contains 14 tracks with bonus tracks Alice which is the soundtrack of the movie Alice In Wonderland, and the main single is What The Hell. You can already download the video on YouTube. The song sounds like Everything Back But You which is on the previous album. This is one of my favorite songs because I like the beat and the lyrics are a little "naughty". 






Another song I like on this album is Push, Smile, and Wish You Were Here. For the last song, the song sounds more mellow, according to the title which tells of the longing for someone. I really like that song because this song really describe what I feel right now, apart from my boyfriend and sometimes I wish he could be here, beside me. 

At least this album could cure how I miss to listen Avril 's song that was already become my inspiration since I was in junior high school. And finally, even Avril was already changed and successfully with the changes. So why do I also don't try to change, and even, try to be more feminine?

0 comment:

Post a Comment