Friday, April 29, 2011

Shivaji Zirekar


Shivaji beats hula hoop

I know Shivaji when joined at One Vale Project as Coops. I still remember when and where I met him for the first time, exactly when holiday weekend in Kucing Island. At that time I had two days moved to Gunung Batu.

Firstly I thought Shivaji is a serious person and less friendly, well maybe because of the way he looks so I felt like it. We’re at the same ship, he saw me dance like Indian dancers, mimicking Briptu Norman’s video. Suddenly he laughed out loud. At that moment I knew that he’s a kind and nice man, unlike what I think before.

Shavaji is a very nice guy. He's so funny, I really like how he laughed when I make jokes. Partner-in-crime. Although we rarely talk in the office because our seats are far apart, but when we met he was still friendly. Last Sunday morning Tati and I visited his home after playing badminton. At that time he was alone at home, because his two housemates, KK and Dag, were flyback.

In my visit we talked lots about anything. I talked about Indonesia and asked him about the nationality of the expatriates in our office. And he told me more. About his hometown (Mumbay), his wife and two kids, his honeymoon in Switzerland (oh makes me so envy!), college, his experiences travel around West Europe and worked in Germany, anything. I also asked questions about Indian culture, something that always interested me, and he explained everything I want to know. Before I came home he said that next week he’ll go to India and may never return back to Indonesia.

Last time I talked to him two days ago, when we’re in the pantry. I told him I think I'm in love with Mr.G, my Indian friend (oh yes, he know it). He smiled and said he swear Mr.G also feel it.

Today, he's gone. Suddenly, without said goodbye. I only knew it from an e-mail from Kenny. It was sad I couldn’t say goodbye, but I've sent an email to him. I swear office will miss him and his laugh around us.
Well, actually he really inspired me. How to be a hard-worker, get success in career, keep down-to-earth, love our family, and love our nation. Maybe you never think about it, or think it isn’t an important thing, but for me it teaches me to become someone better.
Farewell Shivaji. Thanks for everything. Be successful for you. Best regards from me to you and your family. I hope we can meet again, wherever and whenever it will be, someday…

One thing for sure, all the COOPers love you!

1 comment:

rifki said...

siapa sede Mr.G!

Post a Comment