Thursday, April 14, 2011

Travel Victim

For people who know me well enough, three things that might describe about me are: traveler, backpacker, and adrenaline junkie. It’s not about me as a talkative and excited girl, it’s about what is the most favorite topic to talk about.

Traveling is my hobby, even my goal is to become a backpacker (yeah, sounds really different with my major). I don’t know for sure since when this became an obsession for me, it might because most of my family travel. I was raised by two parents whose their hobby is traveling, since they’re in college until today they still have a long list of their dream vacation. My cousin, Nuni, instead is a backpacker-holic and already explored almost all corners of Indonesia. Together with his friend, Vira, they capture every moment of their journey in a website named Indohoy. Since I was a child my father always took me when he read or National Geography, that’s why I feel very excited to learn all about geography, places around the world, even I already have many dream vacations to go somewhere, until today.

Dhika, the victim

That’s why I unconsciously talk about traveling, because that’s a daily conversation in my family. Having a friend who also likes traveling seemed glad because I have friends to talk with the same favorite topic, but sometimes I also found my friend doesn’t have any story or experience about traveling. For the second case I always have a mainstay for their stance: suggesting.

I always affect them with stories about me and my family’s travel experience, how mostly of us become a certified scuba diver, even my favorite website to find out any information about traveling.
Guess what? Mostly of them rarely affected by these stories and my experience (well, though not infrequently a little story I made redundant).  Yay, it works!

And now, I want to introduce my newest victim: ANDHIKA SAPUTRA AMIR. He's my partner-in-crime as long as I join The Coops Inco. In a few conversations I always show him how excited I am with all things about traveling, and how do I become an adrenaline junkie who is always feel curious to try new things that often is a dangerous thing. And the result, he was positively infected TRAVELING VIRUS! He even said to me, "I think I've begin to be affected. Teach me how to be a backpacker and adrenaline junkie. I want to learn from you ". And the last thing that shows that he really affected is he is also interested to create blogs and learn to write all his experience. He already made it, but not posting anything yet, might be looking for inspiration, or might he still busy with the job. Once again, he asked me to teach him.

See, how I affect him? At least it's not a bad thing to emulate and learn, and I don’t teach anything bad. I just want to share my stories and experiences to others, how to travel and write has given a lot of things in my life. Experiences, life lessons, inspiration, achievement, goals and dreams, or even learn about respect for people and other cultures. Wanna try all the roller coaster in the world as a dream. How to distinguish English and Jerry in the crowd of Europeans, or how to speak English with different dialect such as British, American, Australian, or even, Indian. All of them, precious.

So Dhika, what’s next after Kuching Island and play kayaks? How about visit Lombok and try parasailing or bungee jumping? Just
contact me and take me with you. And don't forget to pack a pile of patience!
Let’s go!


1 comment:

Post a Comment