Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Best of Sorowako

Working in Sorowako is so fun, especially for me who like sea, hills, everything natural, everything close to nature. I like the way I spend my time in here, especially on weekend. Spending morning at Matano Lake - the fifth-deepest lake in the world – with swimming, paddling kayak, do wind surfing, or just looking around. Or riding my bicycle around the town in the afternoon, try paddling on the rise then glide smoothly to downhill while pass the houses which made from wood, let the wind blow my hair. Quite dangerous think my friend, but really spur my adrenaline.

To get here, we spend 12 hours by land from Makassar, only night bus available. This is the first time I’m being here, and also the worst journey I’ve ever had, I think. Imagine, 12 hours traverse winding road from 7 PM to 7 AM nonstop, well it’s really torturing my head, I can’t sleep all night long. Even in the morning when I arrive I feel like I can’t feel myself anymore, all I need is only find a bed immediately where I can lie down, sleep, and found my head back. I prefer go to Batam Island from Singapore by ferry, even the wave is so wild, at least it spend 1 hour only.
But guess what I find after, paradise! From sea, lake, mountains, hills, waterfall, even the mine. Everything’s great, everything’s in here, all of them. And this is my most favorite part, sit at the corner of pier, watch bright afternoon sky share the horizon with rainbow across the Verbeek mountain, the world’s nickel resources, and kids jumping into the blue lake. It always, always, and ALWAYS be the best, the perfect horizon that I’ll be missing when I back to home later.

And nothing beats it! Even if you would rather to see view from height, you still can find it. Try to go Poci, only one hour trekking and you can see the whole Sorowako from that hill. Choose your favorite moment, morning to capture the moment when plane take off and penetrate the morning mist, or afternoon and see how lights illuminating the town. All of them, enhanced with Vale Inco, the second-biggest nickel mining company in the world, Indonesia’s heart of economic. This is how sea meets hills, and nature meets technology.

 
Sorowako day and night


See? How God works in details, and people harmonize it in modern way.
Enchanting Sorowako!

4 comment:

lisa said...

it's "kewl" kak, let's biking together kak wakakakkakakka :p

fajrul said...

work and vacation at the same time, same place, same environment, such a nice wonderful life

Nur Awaliah Yusran said...

saya follow kata2nya kenny deh...
MANTAP SEKALI !!!!

Nur Awaliah Yusran said...

mana potokuu saya jeanny? yang di pocii pocii itu? hehehe...

Post a Comment