Saturday, May 14, 2011

Enable. Integrate. Grow.

So far it’s almost two months I’m in Sorowako and join in this project. I’m very busy now. Sometimes I feel bored, tired, stressed, oppressed, and so on. But I still enjoy it as a good opportunity to get experience and knowledge from this project.
Most of people still don’t knowing, what the company I work now? What projects are running, and what my task in this project? Okay, so this explanation:


Vale is the global leader in iron ore and pellet production. Operating through offices, operations, exploration projects and joint ventures, Vale is the second-largest diversified mining company in the world and the biggest in the America by market capitalization. Headquartered in Brazil, Vale is presents in 38 countries, there’re Angola, Argentina, Australia, Barbados, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Gabon, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Liberia, Malawi, Malaysia, Mongolia, Mozambique, New Caledonia, Norway, Oman, Paraguay, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States and Zambia, in Addition to Brazil.


The One Vale PTI project will of switches Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) from the Ellipse to SAP, a superior system that has changed from Vale's operating standards across the world. PTI has been chosen as the first of Vale's nickel business unit to launch the One Vale program. PTI is proud to be the first Vale Nickel Business Unit to launch the One Vale program. Subsequently We Will serve as a reference point for other nickel Vale business units all over the world.

In this project I work in Training Team of Change Management as a runner. No, I’m not a runner who win a trophy, it’s really not like that. My job is to organize SAP training for Supply and TD (Transportation and Distribution) department, from making training schedules, preparing modules that will be learned during the training, to make sure that trainers and participants are ready to attend the training. Then why I was called as a runner? Well it’s because sometimes I have to move and “run” from one to another room, from one to another building, to make sure that all the training class is okay. Intensive training schedule, long office-work with overtime for sometimes, and obligation to talk with many people teach me to more concentrate, focus, communicate well and professionally (sometimes in English), and to more clever to use Microsoft Excel.

 


So, that's all folks! Although my job makes me so busy and sometimes boring, at least there’re more benefits that I get. Being here, met great people from different cultures and countries feels like this is the greatest opportunity that I can get this year until today. This experience gave me motivation to be more diligent in learning about anything and improve my skill in order to get a better career in the future.

I think I can’t wait the time to go home, finish from college, graduate, and get good jobs and careers later. I'll be a successful person. I believe that.

*one vale’s slogan



1 comment:

-nay- said...

mantapp jeanne !!! heheh.. padahal dikepalaku juga sdh kepikiran mo nulis tentang onevale...eh..keduluan dengan jeanne..hehehe :)

kangen diriku padamu..padahal baru seharii.

:')

Post a Comment